Friday, August 10, 2012

Keep a Piece of Summer with You!

I hate when summer ends. Everything about it makes me happy. So although I love fall, part of me never wants to let go of summer. One part of summer you can take to fall time with you though is your clothes!One of the best parts of fall is being able to buy new clothes. Unfortunately, if you're like myself, you don't have an endless amount of money to spend. So, as a quick money saver, converting summer clothes to fall clothes is always a good idea. In high school, this was always a problem for me because my summer clothes never really passed my school's dress code. So I've decided to make this blog in order to show some basic summer pieces converted to fall outfits. Enjoy!

Item #1: Collar Shirts
I wore it in the summer with: 
Either denim shorts or tucked into skirts like above.
Convert it by:
Pair it with a pair of boyfriend jeans and either some wedges or just sandals. This look is more for the early, warmer side of fall, but it's a great look for the first few weeks of school.

Item #2: Summer Dresses
I wore it in the summer with: 
Either just by itself or with a strapless cardigan like above. Always with sandals.
Convert it by:
I know in my high school, straps were required with all dresses or shirts. Besides, a little cover up will be necessary in the fall. I would pair a dress with a loose cardigan and some knee-high socks with a pair of short booties. Adding a scarf gives the outfit a comfier look and keeps you warmer in the colder part of fall.


Item #3: High-Low Skirts
I wore it in the summer with: 
Either tank or tube tops or a bandeau top.
Convert it by:
Tucking in a loose shirt or sweater and finishing the look off with a belt and flats makes the high-low skirt perfect for the warmer time in the fall. You could also pair it with boots.


Item #4: Crop Top
I wore it in the summer with: 
Just simple denim shorts. 
Convert it by:
Crop tops are a little more difficult to make school appropriate because at most schools (at least my high school), bare midriffs are strictly forbidden. But you can cover up your stomach by pairing the top with high-waisted jeans; or you can wear it with a pair of skinny jeans and put a top over it. In my outfit, I tied an oversized button-up shirt at my waist to cover my stomach. With that, I just wore a pair of flats. 


Item #5: Denim Shorts
I wore it in the summer with: 
Everything! tank tops, tube tops, crop tops, t-shirts. Denim shorts were the most versatile piece in my closet. 
Convert it by:
Now, depending on the length of the shorts, they may or may not be appropriate for school. However, you can still wear them outside of school, or at events such as football games. Just pair them with a long-sleeved shirt and some flats or other closed toed shoes (above I wore Keds) to keep yourself a little warmer.

Hope this helped and gave you a few ideas! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment